Proverbs 16:9 says The mind of man plans his way but the Lord directs his steps. It is a good reminder for us that no matter what plans we may make, the Lord is still in ultimate control.
We are in the midst of the challenges that COVID-19 has brought to our world. Here in Colorado, we are in a shelter-in-place order for at least a couple more weeks. There is great uncertainty about what will happen next as well as when our country will be able to return to a more normal routine.
With all of this in mind, we wanted to bring an update to you concerning COVID-19 and Twin Peaks Bible Camp. We are deeply concerned about the health and well being of everyone involved with camp and will take great care in opening camp only when it is safe to do so. We are also instructed by our Lord to respect our governing authorities and will be in close contact with the appropriate agencies to help us abide by all relevant regulations and guidelines.
Which brings us to the big question. Will there be camp this summer? In all honesty, we don’t know. It is too early to tell what the situation will be at that time. We will do everything we can to have camp as long as it is safe and legal. We will also do everything we can to keep you informed of the situation as we have more information.
Would you do something for us? Please pray for the following.
- That the Lord provides wisdom as we deal with the situation.
- That the Lord, if it is in His will, would stop the virus so we can have camp this summer.
- That, if we are able to have camp, He would provide the campers He would have come.
- That, if we are able to have camp, He would provide the staff and counselors needed.
- That we will find ways to minister whether we have camp or not.
- That the Lord provides for the financial needs of the staff through the donations of faithful supporters.
- That in all things, the Lord would be honored in what we do at Twin Peaks Bible Camp.
We deeply appreciate your involvement with camp. We are praying that the Lord keeps you safe and works in your life in these challenging times. Thank you for being a part of Twin Peaks Bible Camp.
The Board of Twin Peaks Bible Camp